cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Exchange for sale item (wrong size)

Hello there,

I bought some rain pants during the recent sale.  Unfortunately, I need a larger size to accommodate some clothing underneath.  How do I do an exchange (during the shutdown) and keep the same price?

Thank you,

Josh

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

@joshb 

It occurred to us that you were likely referencing a previous sale and not the sale we are currently having. We apologize for our misunderstanding! In order to exchange for the sale price you received when you purchased your rain pants you have two options:

• You can order the size you need now and wait until the stores reopen to have your local REI store do a price adjustment for you.
  • You can call our sales and customer service team at 1-800-426-4840 and talk through your options for getting the sale price on your exchange. Please bear in mind that wait times are longer so we thank you in advance for your patience.

Hopefully this helps clarify a bit for you. Thank you!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes
3 Replies

@joshb Thanks for reaching out!

During our store closure, you have 2 options for a return/exchange:

• You can mail your rain pants back to us (instructions here) and order the bigger size on REI.com.
  • You can order your new rain pants on REI.com and wait until our stores reopen to return the pair that is too small.

We hope this helps!

0 Likes

@joshb 

It occurred to us that you were likely referencing a previous sale and not the sale we are currently having. We apologize for our misunderstanding! In order to exchange for the sale price you received when you purchased your rain pants you have two options:

• You can order the size you need now and wait until the stores reopen to have your local REI store do a price adjustment for you.
  • You can call our sales and customer service team at 1-800-426-4840 and talk through your options for getting the sale price on your exchange. Please bear in mind that wait times are longer so we thank you in advance for your patience.

Hopefully this helps clarify a bit for you. Thank you!

0 Likes

Hi John,

Luckily, the pants (Zeta SL) are on sale right now for the same price, so I just purchased the new pair and will return the other pair, most likely, in store, once things get back to normal. I would ship them back, but don't want to pay return shipping so sounds like I need to wait.