cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Do you deliver to Australia?

Hi all

I have a dividend that is about to expire but when I go to checkout it says you don't ship to my address?  I joined last year when I was on holiday in the USA but I live in Australia and the staff in store told me you do ship to Australia.  Is it only certain items?  Thanks so much

Tracey

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

@traceydownunder thanks for giving us an opportunity to clarify further! There is also the option to have your dividend sent to you in the form of a check - here are the details for this process:

You can request a check for your remaining Annual Dividend before it expires. While you can request the check at any time, checks are only sent to members from July 1 through Jan. 3. Please note that no checks are issued for balances $25 and under, and the check will be made out only to the primary member. REI Co-op Mastercard rewards with a balance greater than $1 at the time of expiration will be mailed in the form of a check.

To request an Annual Dividend check to be sent to your current address or an updated address:

Please enter the address in the form below, and submit the information. Make sure to enter your name exactly as it appears on your membership. We will automatically update our database with the address you enter.

1. Fill out the online form. This is a fast and easy way to get your check. Please note: A check will be issued only in the primary cardmember’s name.
  2. Or call us: 1-800-426-4840 (U.S. and Canada); 1-253-891-2500 (International)
  3. Or contact us by mail:
    REI Membership Services
    P.O. Box 1938
    Sumner, WA 98390-0008

We hope this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes
4 Replies

Hello @traceydownunder 

I’m very sorry that you are running into this trouble. It is true that currently REI is unable to ship to Australia. Additional information around this topic can be found here .

I am sure this is disappointing. However, there is a provision available to have dividends cashed out for our members each year beginning on July 1st. If this is something you’d like to take advantage of, details are outlined in our member benefits  section. 

I hope this helps and apologize again for the current shipping restriction. 

0 Likes

Thanks for your reply but the information says:

From July 1 through Jan. 3 of the following year prior to expiration, you can bring your Annual Dividend notice to any REI store and ask to get your remaining balance in cash. Stores have limited cash on hand, however; a request to redeem an Annual Dividend notice for cash may be handled as a check request at the store's discretion.

Being in Australia I was unable to get to a store anyway.  Can I get my dividend extended for another 12 months so I can use it when shipping to Australia returns to normal?  Or is there another solution for me?

0 Likes

@traceydownunder thanks for giving us an opportunity to clarify further! There is also the option to have your dividend sent to you in the form of a check - here are the details for this process:

You can request a check for your remaining Annual Dividend before it expires. While you can request the check at any time, checks are only sent to members from July 1 through Jan. 3. Please note that no checks are issued for balances $25 and under, and the check will be made out only to the primary member. REI Co-op Mastercard rewards with a balance greater than $1 at the time of expiration will be mailed in the form of a check.

To request an Annual Dividend check to be sent to your current address or an updated address:

Please enter the address in the form below, and submit the information. Make sure to enter your name exactly as it appears on your membership. We will automatically update our database with the address you enter.

1. Fill out the online form. This is a fast and easy way to get your check. Please note: A check will be issued only in the primary cardmember’s name.
  2. Or call us: 1-800-426-4840 (U.S. and Canada); 1-253-891-2500 (International)
  3. Or contact us by mail:
    REI Membership Services
    P.O. Box 1938
    Sumner, WA 98390-0008

We hope this helps!

0 Likes

Thanks Jen that's great!

0 Likes