cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Do I need a US Bank account for REI Mastercard?

I figured out my original question - 

0 Likes
10 Replies

Hi @BobS - Thanks for reaching out, though we're sorry it's because you're running into some problems getting your online banking account sorted.

You can manage your account online without a US Bank account, though you do need to go through a specific set of steps to get the account started. We have included these steps and their screenshots below in order to help clarify:

1. Log onto US Bank Online Banking 

2. The Account Login page will open with that link and you click "create a new username and password"

Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 12.34.15 PM.png

3. Select "Personal" for the type of account you have

Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 12.41.41 PM.png4. Select "I Have A Different Account" within the Personal Account options 

Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 12.41.47 PM.png

5. Fill out your new REI Mastercard account information and click Continue. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 12.41.52 PM.png

You will then have created an account on their website only associated with your credit card, not a US Bank account. Once this is created, you can set up your account to include how you want to pay your card. 

Thank you for taking the time to give us this feedback. We have already sent it to our REI Mastercard Team and to US Bank. If you have any further questions, you can contact our Cardmember Services team or respond here. 

Hopefully this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes