cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Do I get dividends on the same order that I bought the membership?

On the 18th I made my first Rei purchase ever, it was a $300 item and the membership. I keep checking my purchase history multiple times a day and it's still not there on my account. I have used the chats feature and was told it'll show up eventually. How long until it shows up?

I just want to make sure I get the 10% back in dividends when the time comes and having my purchase history empty makes me worry that the order was not counted. I really want that $30 dividend! Should I have purchased a membership first? Then purchase the item after I got my membership?

0 Likes
5 Replies

@Ruser1 thanks for the question, and sorry for any confusion. A few responses:

• Assuming the item you purchased is dividend-eligible, you will definitely earn it, even if you purchased your new membership in the same transaction (thanks for joining!)
  • We are experiencing delays with some orders, which may explain why you aren't yet seeing the item in your purchase history - our CS team (1-800-426-4840) will be your best resource for updates
  • Finally, it sounds like you're aware but making sure you know that the dividend is an annual accrual, so your 2020 dividend will be based on all of your purchases made in 2020, minus any returns you make

Hope this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

It is a dividend-eligible product. It's been over 3 months and it still is not showing up on my purchase history, neither is the membership purchase showing up which was bought at the same time and still says $0. I regret buying the membership since it doesn't pay for itself in this one huge purchase. It was a waste of money.

0 Likes

@Ruser1 

We're so sorry this is still an issue for you and thank you for bringing this to our attention! We will follow up with you over direct message about this to try and get this solved.

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

So technically you're waiting on what you think you lost $10.

This is a co-op and a really really great company to be a part of. Not only do they constantly give the lowest prices but they also give killer deals, coupons, and the best return policy on the planet.

That in itself should be enough. Be happy you're a part of that and be patient for your $$$. 

0 Likes

I joined the Co-op back in 1963 and received dividend credit on my first purchase, which was premium pieces of flint (suitable for making arrowheads) and no 1 premium deer hide (for moccasins).

REI and I have left the Stone Age far behind, but they still offer good deals and a very fair dividend.  Stick around and you will be a very satisfied customer.

0 Likes