cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Re: Deleting a post

Yesterday I posted in Backpacking, and when I edited it, it disappeared. I waited a while, logged out and back in, and it seemed it was just gone. So I reposted, and now, over 24 hours later, my original post is back. Can you tell me how to delete it?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

@SILHiker weird...not sure why that first post disappeared. I have deleted the duplicate post...thanks for reaching out!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
5 Replies

@SILHiker weird...not sure why that first post disappeared. I have deleted the duplicate post...thanks for reaching out!

Thank you!

0 Likes

REI-JenK How do you delete a post? I have two and I want the older one deleted. Also, can you edit a post, which is what I wanted to do in the first place? Trying to make this work, Tenzin

0 Likes

@Tenzin thanks for reaching out! @REI-JohnJ and I were just wondering if the previous posts on the Grand Junction board were perhaps from you - mystery solved!

A few answers:

• There is a limited window in which a post can be edited by the original author
  • Only admins and moderators are able to delete content from the community

We'll do a little clean up on the old post and let us know if there is a specific edit you'd like us to make to your newest post!

0 Likes

Thank you Jen, John merged the two posts. I tried to edit the original one and couldn't so I thought I could delete my account and start over, but when I opened a new account the old one was still there. Thanks again, but mostly I just hope the post works some magic and I can find that Unicorn...that is my wish.

With a smile, Tenzin

0 Likes