cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Deflating our Star paragon kayak

Hi,

We have been kayaking in northern arizona this summer and have really enjoyed the Star Paragon dual that we bought from you at christmas. But we always have trouble deflating it. I'm guessing we are doing something wrong with the valve, as we can only deflate if one of us pushes the stem down. Today we tried to pack up the kayak to move home and there's still too much air in it to get it back into the case, even when we fold it correctly. I can't find anything on line about the valve, other than what it is. Can you talk me through doing a complete deflate, or send me a link showing me how to handle the valve. It looks like the valve is a gray NRS Leafield C7 valve. Thanks,

Pam

0 Likes
1 Reply

Hi @blissninny - Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear that deflating the boat is giving you some trouble. It’s hard to know exactly what’s going on without having it in front of us, but after you push the initial valve down, can you twist to ‘lock’ it open?

If that doesn’t do it, can you share a photo with us of the valve when you’re deflating it? That will help us figure out what’s going on. Hopefully this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes