cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

customer service

Bought 2 pairs of Patagonia boxer shorts at the Alderwood store. They were identical in material, fabric content and labelling except for a slightly different color and UPCs. One was $30 and one was $34. I gave my $19 dividend credit to the cashier then I mentioned that one was priced wrong to the cahier who informed me after feeling the fabric that I was wrong. She said they were different materials and styles. I showed her the labeling referring to fabric content and showed her they were the same. She just went ahead and rang them up at different prices without a another comment. When I said that it is traditional for when a customer makes a strong argument and when just a couple dollars are involved to differ to the customer as a courtesy. I explained that that should have been part of her training. An older woman then chimed in to tell me that the cashier couldn't adjust prices. I said that I knew that and I didn't see her asking for management. It just seems that nobody there showed one ounce of empathy or in my opinion common sense . Do you guys even talk about this stuff at meetings? It seems that telling a customer they are wrong (when a reasonable person could easily agree with the customer) and the to proceed without another comment makes one incompetent and in need of training. It just seems that self consciousness, professional courtesy or even the ability to process criticism is just vanishing from our stores. And everyone wonders why everyone is buying everything online. The fact that your website doesn't even have a place for customer complaints shows insensitivity in itself. 

0 Likes
1 Reply

@123xenon Thanks for reaching out and we apologize that we missed the mark on your expectations for service. We try our best to deliver the best customer service possible and we appreciate hearing feedback that can help us improve. We always recommend asking to speak with a manager while you're at the store; they can often help resolve any issues. I will follow up with a direct message with the store's contact information. We are so sorry you had a negative experience, thank you for letting us know so we can work to make it right.

Thank you for being a member of our co-op!

John

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes