cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

custom hip belt for Osprey Aura AG 65

Last fall I purchased an Osprey Aura AG 65 backpack.  I wasn't able to use it last fall due to our trip being COVID cancelled.  I will, however, be taking it to Grand Canyon the first week of June.  I've had it out on a few test hikes (testing my new knee more than the pack) and with over 20 lbs in it, the hip belt hurts.  I've noticed that Osprey makes custom moldable hip belts and was wondering if that might be a solution.  Looking on the site its not clear which belt would go with my Aura backpack.  Could you please help me choose and tell me something about how the process works?

Thanks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Found Myself Outside
0 Likes
2 Replies

Hi @Luv2Kayak - Thanks for reaching out! 

While Osprey does make moldable hipbelts, they are unfortunately not compatible with the Aura AG 65 Backpack. Knowing that your pack is consistently giving you trouble, we recommend going into your nearest REI or scheduling a free virtual outfitter appointment for a fit consultation. There you may be able to discover some adjustments that could help with the hipbelt discomfort.

Additionally, if you are not able to find a way to make this pack fit comfortably, it sounds like you still have time to return it and find a pack with hipbelt modification options that could work better for you. 

Hopefully this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Thanks @REI-CarterC .  It was fit at the Vernon Hills store when I bought it.  Unfortunately when I bought it and commented on the unpaddedness of the hipbelt, I was told that a custom mold hipbelt was an option.  (That's the way I know about them!)  So I will go back and try again.  I'm also looking at the possibility of sliding some stiff foam behind the belt.  I think I can do that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Found Myself Outside