cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Country of origin

How can I learn country of origin for products?  I do not want products made in China. All I see on website is “imported.”

0 Likes
1 Reply

@Ron1 

We appreciate the opportunity to hear from our members here in the community about suggestions, feedback, concerns, and kudos. If you have a particular product you are looking at, we may be able to track down the country of origin for you. 'Imported' is used due to the complexities and dynamics of the global supply chain and the fact that individual items (sometimes even within the same product line) can be manufactured in different factories and different countries. We will pass your feedback along to our teams for consideration. 

For more information, we encourage you to look at the Fair Labor in our Supply Chains section of our Stewardship report. Lastly, while it does not allow you to exclude one country, you can search rei.com for items made in the USA, and then filter down to the specific category of item you are looking for.

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.