cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

converting OEM roof rack for Yakima

Hi – Does REI sell an adapter that would clamp onto my OEM rack, so that I could use Yakima cross bars?  Here's the situation:

I have a pop-up truck camper, with an OEM aluminum rack (support bars are approximately 1” in diameter, square). The rack is lower than the roof vent and solar panels on my camper. I want to add my Yakima rack system to the OEM rack so that I can use all my Yakima gear (cross bars, cargo basket, bike carrier, etc) on top.  And so my kayak doesn’t hit the solar panels and vent.

Julie

You can view a pic of my OEM rack here:  
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pv608k2q5f7ivl1/Screenshot%202020-06-26%2010.11.37.png?dl=0

0 Likes
1 Reply

Hello Julie,

The Yakima Timberline Towers should work great paired with your choice of bars. If you currently have round bars you will need the round bar adapter sl . They would wrap around your OEM bars and should provide your kayak clearance above the roof vent and solar panels. 

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.