cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Compression Sack for Sleeping Bag

I currently own the Women's Marmot Trestles 15 sleeping bag (Regular size, not Long) but I have been considering to purchase a waterproof compression sack for some kayak backpacking trips. I am unsure of what size I should consider getting and if it should be waterproof. What size would you recommend? 

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

You will want something between 16-20 liters.  Personally I would go with 20L.  It just gives you a little extra room for stuffing and you won't have to break a sweat to get it in the compression bag.  Have fun on your kayak trip, sounds amazing!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

I agree with @REI-KarenR , a 20L would be a nice size for that particular sleeping bag. I also think having a waterproof compression sack would be a good idea. Just in case you get a little wet! I really don't like sleeping in a damp sleeping bag. LOL

@shoqu001 

Also consider packing your sleeping bag inside out into your compression sac. This will help to get all of the air out of your sleeping bag since there is a loft layer around the outside. It will help you to compress your bag smaller!

H2O Yeah!

3 Replies

You will want something between 16-20 liters.  Personally I would go with 20L.  It just gives you a little extra room for stuffing and you won't have to break a sweat to get it in the compression bag.  Have fun on your kayak trip, sounds amazing!

I agree with @REI-KarenR , a 20L would be a nice size for that particular sleeping bag. I also think having a waterproof compression sack would be a good idea. Just in case you get a little wet! I really don't like sleeping in a damp sleeping bag. LOL

@shoqu001 

Also consider packing your sleeping bag inside out into your compression sac. This will help to get all of the air out of your sleeping bag since there is a loft layer around the outside. It will help you to compress your bag smaller!

H2O Yeah!

Join the community