cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Cargo basket plus Ski Carrier

Is there any combination Cargo Carrier that allows you to keep the keep the basket on your vehicle full time but also add a ski/snowboard rack to it?? Just moved to the mountains from downtown Chicago and not super familiar with the accessories yet. I travel for work so looking to get a smaller AWD car for better gas mileage but want to be able to carry cargo and skis depending on what im doing on the weekends.

Cheers

2 Replies

@JFobair Thanks for reaching out!

The answer is yes! Three of the Yakima roof baskets will accept most Yakima accessories for skis or bikes. Take a look at these for more details:

We recommend taking a look at Yakima's rack fitter to see what additional rack accessories you will need to fit your rack on the car you purchase.

Hope this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Very interested in the offgrid basket myself and was also asking about the ability to attach other mounts to the rack (like bike racks).  I did see that the basket is compatible with all Yakima accessories, but does it allow for the use of existing fork mount thule racks?  If not, are there any cargo baskets from Thule that are comparable so that I can retain my existing bike racks?

0 Likes