cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Can I special order a Zest Two EXP Ocean Kayak?

Ocean Kayaks indicates that REI is an authorized dealer. Can I special order a ZEST TWO EXP kayak?

0 Likes
4 Replies

I'm wondering something similar. Ocean Kayaks says they are back ordered till October. Is is possible to place and order and when they eventually are available, buy one?

In the same vein, is it possible to pre order an Ocean Kayak boat, and be notified when they come back in stock?

0 Likes

@jelowry unfortunately, we do not have the ability to process either a backorder or a pre-order - currently we are only able to accept orders for products that are actually in-stock in our stores and/or our distribution centers. We're really sorry for the inventory shortages in boats - these have been a popular item for our customers all summer!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

Hi @BrianWood and @jelowry - Thanks for reaching out! We’re going to connect with our buying team to see if we can find some more info for you on these questions about Ocean Kayaks. When we hear back, we’ll be sure to let you both know. Thanks for your patience with this!

0 Likes

@BrianWood thanks for the question! The quick answer is yes, we are an authorized dealer for Ocean Kayaks and therefore we are able to process special orders with them, however it's important to note that inventory levels are very constrained right now in watercraft and a special order may not be possible (or may take a much longer than usual to be fulfilled). If you're interested in pursuing this option, you'll want to visit your local REI store and inquire with our customer service team there about a special order, as this is an in-store only process. Hope this helps!

0 Likes