cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Can I cash out my REI Gift Cards?

As a long time member of REI and as a volunteer at my local church food bank which serves the community in Portland, two gift cards were donated to us totally $150. In talking to the manager of REI in Portland, she told she could not exchange them for money, which is what I wanted to do because I feel I could buy food quite a bit of food at the Oregon Food Bank rather than buy a few pairs of gloves or one tent, all at discount prices. In other words, More Bang for my Buck . I asked the manager (Leann) for the phone number of corporate thinking I might get some help at a higher level, but the number she gave me only was for customer service.. So, I am appealing to the heart of REI to help us help the less fortunate in our community. I realize it is not your normal policy, but could you make an except. Please consider. Thank you.  Roger,  St. Rita's SVdP. 

0 Likes
1 Reply

@Cyclotreker 

Hello Roger,

Thank you for reaching out and for your work in your community as a volunteer at your church's food bank. Unfortunately, per our our gift card terms and conditions, gift cards cannot be refunded or redeemed for cash. We also wanted to let you know that we removed your phone number from your post to protect your privacy.

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes