cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Can expensive bicycles be returned?

I am considering buying a bike on the Outlet that is expensive $40000-$5000 I will not know until delivery and a few test rides if it fits and is satisfactory for my requirements. Can the item be returned for full refund if I decide isn’t what I need? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

@Tic totally get it! Hopefully the 61cm will work, but know you've got our guarantee in place if not. Good luck!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
3 Replies

@Tic thanks for asking! You can find the details of our Satisfaction Guarantee here - hopefully, prior to purchase, you'll be able to hone in on the right size for the bike you're considering and have a good sense that it'll work for you! Know that our bike shops can also help make adjustments on a bike to create an ideal fit. However, if you end up not being satisfied with the bike once you've received and ridden it, you can return it for a refund or replacement within one year of purchase. Just note that our guarantee doesn't cover ordinary wear and tear or damage caused by improper use or accidents. Hope this helps, and hope the bike works great for you!

0 Likes

Thanks, well I did already do the sensible thing and find one to try in a store 🙂 That bike was a lower level model but the same frame geometry. It was too small at 58cm. The next size up a 61cm has some pretty large increases in frame dimensions therefore it maybe unsuitable but I will not know until delivery. Also the larger frame may ride and handle differently than the smaller one. Testing is necessary due to this especially with the $$$$ involved. 

0 Likes

@Tic totally get it! Hopefully the 61cm will work, but know you've got our guarantee in place if not. Good luck!