cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Can a Yakima roof box be delivered to my home during the Sale?

Hello,

I would like to purchase a Yakima Grand Tour 16 roof box during the sale. Will you be offering free shipping to my residence? Curbside pick up doesn't seem to make sense for such a large item that would need to be fitted onto the vehicle in order to transport back to my home.

0 Likes
2 Replies

Hey there @aaronweo!

We appreciate you reaching out to us here in the Community!  

As of right now while we offer free standard shipping on qualifying items over $50, there are no plans to eliminate the oversized shipping fees that would apply to the purchase of a roof box.  

As we continue to roll out more services for our customers nationwide, we encourage you to keep an eye on our FAQ’s and your local REI page for the most up to date changes. 

Thanks again for reaching out and we do appreciate the feedback provided here on this topic!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

@aaronweo in addition to what @REI-AlyS shared, curbside pickup (if available at your local REI) is actually ideal for oversized items like car-top boxes, assuming you already have cross bars installed on your vehicle and would be able to drive home with the box installed on your roof.

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes