cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

buying first kayak

I am buying my first kayak - inflatable aquaglide columbia 110, and werner paddle. I have a life vest. What else do I need? Should I get a special pump or do any (already have) work?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

buying first kayak

@lynneh Thanks for reaching out and congrats on buying your first kayak!

You will definitely need a specific pump that will work with your kayak. I recommend the Aquaglide Dual-Action Hand Pump. The dual action will save you a lot of time inflating your kayak!

I hope this helps, have fun out there!

John

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes
4 Replies

buying first kayak

@lynneh Thanks for reaching out and congrats on buying your first kayak!

You will definitely need a specific pump that will work with your kayak. I recommend the Aquaglide Dual-Action Hand Pump. The dual action will save you a lot of time inflating your kayak!

I hope this helps, have fun out there!

John

0 Likes

buying first kayak

Thanks John!

0 Likes

buying first kayak

Hi @lynneh , in addition to the sweet kayak pump that @REI-JohnJ recommended, there is a list of other items that make being on the water even better, along with some great skill lessons, on our kayaking how-to page.

You could even look to see if there is an REI Kayaking Class near you. These are great ways to practice your skills and meet some fellow paddlers in your area.

Congrats on your first kayak, and see you out there!

0 Likes

buying first kayak

Thanks so much, Eric - appreciate your input!

lynne

0 Likes