cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Bontrager Helmet Replacement

Hi. I bought a Bontrager bicycling helmet (Solstice) in April 2020. I had a crash on 7 Nov 2020. The helmet did its job but of course, I need a new one. Please let me know the process that I need to follow to get a free replacement helmet. Many thanks, Arlene

0 Likes
1 Reply

Bontrager Helmet Replacement

@cadbury 

Hi Arlene!

Thanks for reaching out! We're sorry to hear you had a crash, we hope you are okay. The process to get your helmet replaced is pretty straightforward, but there are a couple of different options depending on current availability of Bontrager bike helmets:

1. If REI has the same helmet in stock. Bring your helmet and proof of purchase to your local REI store and exchange for the same helmet.
  2. If REI does not have the same helmet in stock. Bring your helmet and proof of purchase to your local REI store and exchange for a different Bontrager helmet. If the new helmet is more expensive than your old helmet you would have to pay the difference, if the new helmet is less expensive than the old helmet you would receive a refund of the difference.
  3. If REI does not have the helmet in stock but you would like to receive the same helmet. Your local REI store can submit a claim through the non-warranty claim portal and order a replacement for you if that helmet is available to be ordered from Bontrager.

Additionally, you can reach out to our sales and customer service team with any questions about a return/exchange at 1-800-426-4840. Lastly, we removed some of your personal information from your post to protect your privacy.

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes