cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Black Friday

The REi strategy for the artificially contrived spending spree labelled as "Black Friday" is extremely refreshing and noteworthy.  I hope you all enjoy your time outdoors (or wherever)!

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
1 Reply

@hikermor Thank you for the comment!

We love #optoutside! When we launched #optoutside five years ago we knew the message was an important one the would cut against the grain of traditional thought around Black Friday. Since then we've been joined outside by millions of like minded people who understand the value of spending time outdoors. This year, we're asking people to #opttoact while they #optoutside on Black Friday and beyond. You can learn more about that here.

Personally, I've been teaching my kids about recycling and how to reduce our waste. I'm going to try to get my kids out on a short snowshoe (they're still pretty little) and maybe go for a fatbike ride with my dog. While we're doing that we'll be picking up any trash we can find that isn't buried by the snow!

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to comment. What are your plans to #optoutside? I hope you enjoy it as well!

John

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.