cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Bikes held hostage during REI store closure (and released!)

Our bikes were in for tune up and we had been calling during the weekend to see if we should pick them up in anticipation of store closing. We were reassured that they would be ready and there were no plans to close store.  At 6pm last night we received a call that the bikes were ready early but that they were closing.  Today the stores are closed.  Any possibility of being able to retrieve our bikes.  They would be important for us to have over the next two weeks. 

4 Replies

@jaketomson yes, unfortunately our stores did not have any forewarning about the closures. Currently, our local store teams are contacting customers who have bike/skis in our shops to determine best next steps for reuniting everyone with their gear!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Almost immediately after I posted this I received a call from our local rei. I was able to retrieve our bikes the next day!  So happy to have them during this time. Thank you Pittsburgh REI!

@jaketomson we really appreciate you looping back to let us know! Hope you're getting some good time on your bikes!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

My bike has been the shop for over a month and have yet to here anything 

0 Likes