cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Bike rack for Coop ADV 4.2 and Spacers required for Ortlieb BikePacker Plus missing Ortlieb spacers

I have an ADV 4.2 that I bought in November at the Easton Columbus store. Last week I received from REI a set of the Ortlieb Bike-Packer Plus.  If it matters the Ortlieb packaging had been taped up so maybe I received a return and what you sent did not contain everything.  I just tried to mount the panniers to the frame.  One of the panniers has some spacers installed on one  pannier. The other has no clips. There are supposed to be three sets of different clips  (4 items for each size, I think).  Apparently those were missing when shipped.  Can REI send those to me, soon, I hope.  What size is the REI-equipped frame on my ADV, so I get at least four of those.  The others can follow, so I would have them if I need them in the future, but I do need to mount these bags for an upcoming ride. Thanks.   

1 Reply

@Tombo 

We're sorry to hear that your order did not contain all of the parts needed to get your panniers mounted to your bike. We have connected with our local REI team at the Cleveland store and we think we may have a quick-fix solution that will allow you to get the spacers you need for your upcoming ride. We will follow up with you over direct message with the details. In the meantime, we also spoke with the Co-op Cycles team and they have confirmed that the top of the rear rack of the Co-op Cycles ADV 4.2 is 10mm and the side tubing is 9mm.

Hopefully this helps and we'll send you a direct message momentarily. Thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes