cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Re: bike paniers

I am interested in buying a pair of rear paniers and I have it narrowed down to two. The Ortlieb back roller classic and the Ortlieb back rolller free.  The are the same volume or capacity but seem to have different dimensions.  Is this true?  What is the basic difference between the two?  Are they shaped differently?  Are they meant for different body sizes etc?  I am trying to decide before the Gear Up sale ends.  Thank you, David

1 Reply

Re: bike paniers

@macfud Thanks for reaching out!

The two panniers you are looking at are identical save for the Back-Roller Free is made without PVC. If you would like to check out the spec sheets from Ortlieb for each model you can find them for the Back-Roller Classic and the Back-Roller Free. As indicated on those sheets the dimensions for the two are identical. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, I will make sure we get this info to the right team and get it corrected.

I hope this helps, thanks!

John

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes