cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

backpacks

I am starting to train and get into Adventure racing.  I see two packs that would be good starter packs for an entry level race I plan on doing next summer.  I want to know the differences between the two other than the price.  The two packs I am looking at are:

REI Co-OP Trail 25 (mens) or Nathan Journey 25L FastPack.

Any help will be wonderful.

0 Likes
1 Reply

backpacks

@wgard537 , thank you for your question! Adventure racing is a growing activity and there are a lot of great options for gear. When choosing your starter pack, I'd recommend stopping into a local REI store to get measured before committing. The REI Co-op Trail 25 is intended to fit a torso length of 17-19" while the Nathan Journey 25L is recommended for torso length of 14-15". The Journey includes the hydration bladder while the Trail 25 does not. The Journey is also a "frameless" pack which makes it a little lighter weight but less structured. I hope this information helps get you started in the right direction. Happy adventuring!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes