cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Availability of the REI Co-op Half Dome 2 Plus Tent

This tent currently shows as being unavailable.  I have owned one for a bit over 10 years and was looking to replace it with a new one.

Has this tent been permanently discontinued or is this temporary?

If it is temporary, when can we expect to see this model back on the list?

I hope it is not discontinued, it is a good tent for backpacking and few others can compete for size, weight, and price.

Thank you

14 Replies

@Genghis Thanks for reaching out!

We have good news! The REI Co-op Half Dome 2 Plus tent has not been discontinued. At this time, due to unprecedented demand, we have very limited supply. There is actually a model of the REI Co-op Half Dome 2 Plus Tent - Print currently in stock. Structurally it is the same tent, the only difference being the graphic on the rainfly. If the graphic on the fly isn't quite what you're looking for, look for the Half Dome to be released early spring of next year.

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

Sir,

Thank you for getting back to me

Yes I was aware of the Print version, however, the price is too high for my needs and as you noted the print is not appealing to me.

I look forward to seeing the new version coming soon...

You wouldn't happen to have a month for that release, I'm looking to do some treks after the first of the year, and would like to include that in my planning effort

Much appreciated

@Genghis 

You're welcome! I just opened REI.com to double check and it does look like there might be one of the REI Co-op Half Dome 2 Plus Tents currently available. If you hurry you might be able to get it in time.

In terms of when the Half Dome will be back in stock next year, that is really hard to pin down as so many factors impact timelines (particularly at this time). We are hoping to see them for the spring, so we would recommend keeping your eye out in February, knowing that spring product is, during a normal year, typically landing in our warehouse around that time.

If you'd like, you can check back in with us here early next spring and we can see if we have any updates at that time.

Thanks!

Hi, it's been a while, and just wanted to know what the status is of the Half Dome 2 plus tent.

0 Likes

@clamoureux 

Thanks for reaching out!

This spring we released the updated REI Co-op Half Dome SL 2+ tent, which was over a pound lighter than previous versions of the Half Dome 2+.  Unfortunately, due to high levels of demand, we are currently sold out of the 2 person version of this tent. At this time, we only have the REI Co-op Half Dome SL 3+ tent available.

If you'd like, we can make some suggestions of alternative 2 person backpacking tents or we can check in with our teams and see when we are expecting to get the Half Dome 2+ back in stock.

Thanks!

0 Likes

Thank you so very much for the quick reply.

It would be great to know when they may be expected back in stock.

0 Likes

I would love to know when the 2+ is expected to be back in stock as I am not interested in the 3+.

Thank you.

0 Likes

@bradmclean and @clamoureux - Good news! We are expecting the REI Co-op Half Dome SL 2+ tent to be back in stock next week, the first week of April.

Let us know if you all have any additional questions and we'll be happy to help!

0 Likes

REI team is the best. I really appreciate the quick response, and the good news!