cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Authorized Dealer for a Special Order Kayak

Hi, 

REI is the closest authorized dealer for a kayak I want, but the one on the website is not the one I want. Am I able to have REI do a special order? How long did it usually take to get the item?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Reply

@K31322 Thanks for reaching out!

During this challenging time, our stock levels in most boats continue to be affected by very quick sell-through (when we have them in stock) and vendor and supply chain constraints (as we try to get more). Can you give us some more detail regarding the kayak you are looking at? We may be able to see if that may be a model we are planning on carrying in the future.

The special order process must be done through your local REI store. Manufacturing, shipping, and processing are are all highly variable at this time, and special orders are dependent on the vendor for processing. As such, it is difficult to predict how long it will take to receive an item. As a reminder, you will need to pay for shipping on a special order, which could be significant for a kayak.

Our buyers continue to work to have more boats available both on REI.com and in our stores; we hope to be in-stock more consistently towards the end of the year and into early 2021. We apologize for these inventory constraints.

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.