cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
REI is actively reviewing its policies and procedures per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's new guidance for COVID-19.
As we have since the start of the pandemic, we’ll continue to prioritize the health and safety of our employees, customers and communities.

At age 77 or 78 we are considering a step-through eBike, can you confirm availability?

spouse Beth got a GHOST German-engineered (after our 2017 bicycling trip along Danube river in Austria, our 50th wedding anniversary) - with two paniers (rear) and a heavy-duty front basket - to be able to Run errands. Yesterday I rode my bicycle (Mountain, built 2009) and spouse Beth was following, on a steep incline she stalled and flipped the GHOST, wore helmet, wound up breaking wrist. Even though her Ghost is a women's bike, not exactly easy to Step through. Thinking time for an actual step-through pedal-assist. Thinking may be appropriate (I can take over her bicycle use) - does Fairfax - REI have this one in stock - Beth weighs no more than 140 pounds (I weigh 190)

Tern HSD P9 Electric Bike

0 Likes
1 Reply

@BoBraxton 

Thank you for reaching out, although are sorry to hear about Beth's experience! It does appear that the Fairfax store currently has the Tern HSD P9 Electric Bike in stock. However, given the current high demand for bicycles, we strongly encourage you to call the Fairfax REI store to confirm availability. If necessary, you can always order the bike on rei.com and have it delivered to the Fairfax store where they will finish assembly and let you know when it is ready for you to pick up.

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes