cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Artificial Shortage During Sale?

On Nov 22, the last day of your 20% off sale, I tried to order 2  sets of Kahtoola EXOSpikes.   Order status showed that NO STORES had them available, and they were NOT AVAILABLE for REI Store pickup near me, and the only way to received them by mail in time for my trip was to pay extra for 2-day FEDEX.

I called customer service, who told me that NO stores nearby had them in stock, and they were not expected to be in stock locally in the near future.

I checked this morning (less than two days later), and, surprise, the products are NOW available for in store pickup at my closest store, but are no longer discounted by 20%.

Is this a normal occurance?    I feel that you artificially limited access when the products were on sale.

0 Likes
1 Reply

@A-Blue 

Thank you for reaching out, although we're sorry it may feel like we were limiting access to products.

There are a lot of variables that impact the availability of a product and when it shows it is able to be purchased.  While there could be several different reasons for this to happen, as an example, one thing that it could be is that those items were in transit on the 22nd of November, arrived the next day and were scanned in at the store, thus showing up as able to be purchased on the 23rd. 

We encourage you to visit your local REI store or reach out to our sales and customer support team at 1-800-426-4840 and explain what happened.

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes