cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Re: Any chance you could track down the specs of an older REI backpack?

I am looking at a used REI backpack, Traverse New Star backpack.  How do I tell the capacity of the backpack?  Is it listed on the backpack somewhere?  Thoughts?

0 Likes
2 Replies

@Paully2357 Thanks for reaching out!

The volume is not typically listed on a pack, unless it is included in the name (i.e. REI Co-op Traverse 60, meaning 60 liters of volume). Can you give a few more details on the pack? What color is it? The New Star pack from the mid 2000s was a black and khaki color and was 75 liters for the regular size and 84 liters for the large size. If it has the 'Traverse New Star' written encircling the REI Co-op Logo on the top of the pack (the pack is green or blue with black and gray highlights) that version is a bit older (Late 90s/early 00s) and does not have any volume listed in our records. Given that it was marketed as 'multi-day and extended trekking' it is likely a 70+ liter pack.

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

You should bee able to get a fairly good idea of its capacity by measuring the various compartments.

There are just three kinds of packs - too big, just right, and not enough

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes