cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Alternative to Dachstein Mitts

20+ years ago, I purchased some, what I remember being called, "Dachstein" Mitts, a tightly woven woolen mitten from Austria. 2 years ago, I finally trashed them. Is there something similar available? 

0 Likes
1 Reply

Alternative to Dachstein Mitts

Hi @edcrsn - Thanks for reaching out. We love hearing that you were able to use your mittens for 20+ years! They probably went on many wonderful adventures.

We currently offer the Fox River Double Ragg mittens, which you may find to be a nice substitute. They are double thick wool mittens with a plush interior lining. While they are made to handle cold temperatures, they are not as tightly woven as your previous pair. 

If you are looking to get another pair of Dachsteins, there is a small US distributor for the brand called The Sweater Chalet. It looks like they have a few different Dachstein wool mitten options available right now. 

Thanks again for bringing this question to the community. Hopefully this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes