cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Alteration recommendation: how to hem my ski pants?

Dear REI. I bought a very expensive pair of Arc'teryx ski pants. The fit perfectly except they are about 4 inches to long. Any suggestions on how to get them shortened to fit about 30-31" inseam? Size is XXL length is 34". 

0 Likes
1 Reply

Alteration recommendation: how to hem my ski pants?

@Bike-ski-norun Thanks for reaching out!

For any tailoring needs on outdoor apparel or gear, we recommend making sure you go with a professional who specializes in outdoor apparel alteration. There are considerations and specific tools for working with Gore-tex and technical fabrics that are important for preserving the performance of your gear.

Unfortunately, Arc'teryx does not offer tailoring services, so you will have to find a qualified tailor where you are located. At REI, we work with Rainy Pass Repair, who do alterations and modifications on outdoor gear and apparel. In fact, their website lists the shortening of ski pants as the number one alteration they do! You can find more information on their website (including the form to fill) or you can go in to your local REI store and we can help you send in your item.

It is important to mention that any alterations made to the product will void the product's warranty with Arc'teryx at the site of the alteration. The rest of the garment will still be covered by their limited warranty.

Hope this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.