cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Re: SOBO 2022 (Southbound thru-hike of the AT) - any example plans to share?

Good morning, I'm planning to SOBO on June 1st, 2022 after my retirement.  Does anyone have example plans for SOBO from start through the 100 mile woods? Thanks...

7 Replies

@Gary2 sharing a few articles from the Co-op Journal on hiking the AT (apologies for the earlier/removed post with links to the PCT - we goofed up which SOBO you were thinking about doing!).

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

Thanks. 

0 Likes

whiteblaze.net has/is a plethora of information on all things AT

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes

@Gary2 just to have a conversation...and this topic is near and dear to my heart....if I may be so bold (getting the cliche's out of the way, lol)

I seem to always be recommending - FORGET THE AT, it's a TREE TUNNEL!  Please,FTLOG, consider the CDT or PCT for the fantastic vistas you'll get there, the views, the mountains, the rivers, the high lakes and the views (again).

I know this is just my opinion, but any place on the AT looks just like every other place, well maybe except for NH.

Hiking the AT was once my dream, until I got to hike 'out west', I was cured and didn't even know I was sick.

this:DSC03836 reduced.jpg

not this:DSC04122.JPG

Ok, I've done my part

hmm, hopefully the photos will magically appear, soon I hope, uploaded twice

0 Likes

@Philreedshikes 

Thanks for the follow up, I've approved all the images, I'm not sure why they're not showing up. Although, I can see one now. I'll look into it and see what I can find out. Thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

thanks @REI-JohnJ , I think I'll stop for now, after 5 uploads, they are there in the draft and then 'poof' gone in the post.

0 Likes