cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Hello everyone - Tips on section hiking the AT?

Good morning, I’ve been car camping for a while now and I feel I’m ready for the next step and i want to start doing the AT in sections what’s the best way to do it? I live in Orlando so Ive been looking to start over Georgia area and start working my way up to the Carolinas, does anyone knows of a trail that I could do that could be done in less than a week? And any tips would be highly appreciated 

12 Replies

@Andresr5 I'm actually just starting to work my way north on the AT.  I've done the Approach Trail and absolutely loved it!  It was tough, but awesome (and braggin' rights if you do it 🙂 ).  I live in Georgia and am planning to knock as many sections out as I can in one to two night chunks.  Two tools that I've found to be **very** helpful have been Guthook and GaiaGPS.  Keep us updated on your adventures and enjoy the trail!!

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.

Also, whiteblaze.net is a good planning resource 

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes

Just finished Springer to Hightower Gap this weekend and it was AWESOME!  Hoping to knock out Hightower to Gooch sometime in June.

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.