cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

2022 AT Thru Hike - anyone else?

Who else is heading out next year for a thru hike? NOBO, SOBO, Flip Flop? 

I'll be heading NOBO at the beginning of March. It will actually be my 3rd attempt. 2019 I had to come off trail due to a knee injury. Had surgery and was ready to go for the 2020 season. Planned to go SOBO, but the world had other plans and I canceled my trip before it started rather than have to work around the mess. So 2022 is my year! 3rd times a charm, right? Counting down the days!

"The mountains whisper for me to wander; my soul hikes to the call." - Angie Weiland-Crosby
4 Replies

Hi Happy Camper (spotter)

I plan to do the thru-hike in 2022, providing I can get my company sold and retire (will be 70 by the start). Planning to flip-flop, starting from midway (I live about 30 miles from the halfway point). North from home, then back home by car or bus, and then South from home. Plan to start in April. Doing some trial runs this summer and Fall.

Sounds like a great plan! Hope to cross paths with you out there!

"The mountains whisper for me to wander; my soul hikes to the call." - Angie Weiland-Crosby
0 Likes

My start will be a few years down the road (likely about 9) but I'd love to follow you both on your journey (wise men seek good counsel).  I watched the Jason Backpacks and Wild on the trail YouTube channels to follow their thru hikes and learned a LOT.  

Kudos to you both, good luck and God's speed!!

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.

YouTube videos can become an addiction. Haha. I like to binge watch AT hiker's videos when I'm missing the trail.

I do have a channel that I try to keep more so on the down low. I don't put tags on my videos to be found easier or anything like that. I enjoy having a very small subscriber base. But having said that, you can feel free to find me. I planned on vlogging my hike next year for family and friends. My channel name is Unbound Crow. 

And thank you for the good luck wishes! I could sure use that. Haha. 2022 HAS to be my year.