cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Dean is a Great Employee at Anchorage REI

Dean impressed me with his dedication to me as an REI customer yesterday. 

Dean has been at the REI store in Anchorage for as long as I can remember.  I have had interactions with him in customer service many times.  He has always been helpful.  Yesterday he was such a problem solver and out-of-the-box resolver. 

The problem:  I purchased skis, boots and a helmet for a younger family member.  The skis were supposed to come with bindings.  Alas, the bindings were not in the box. 

The Resolve:  Dean spent time looking in the store to see if there were any in stock.  When he found none, he went to work trying to find them online and then calling a warehouse out of state.  He was on hold for a while!  While waiting, he refunded the skis, called a manager over, got permission to sell me the skis at a small cost and purchase new bindings for the remainder at the exact original cost of the set.  He put the refund amount on a gift card and used that to make the transactions.  He even asked the person he spoke with in Seattle to have the bindings sent express to help us make the date of our ski adventure.  This took more than an hour of his time.  So much extra time and work and a very happy customer.  I am so appreciative!  As always... I love REI!

Thank you, Dean!  You are an outstanding REI employee.  ~ Shannon

1 Reply

@shannoninak 

Shannon,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to tell us about your experience at the Anchorage store. We really appreciate hearing about your experience with Dean, we're glad they were able to find a solution! We will be sure to pass along your message to his team in Anchorage.

Thank you again, and for being a customer at the co-op!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes
Join the community
Other boards in this category