cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

What adventures are on your outdoor bucket list?

Just curious what folks have on their hiking/biking bucket list..

For me:

#1/#2 GDMBR/CDT (ride it not race it:)) and Trans-America bike ride Virginia to Oregon

77 Replies

There is a bicycle trip I have my eyes on from Venice to Sibenik, Croatia, going along the coast around the Adriatic Sea.  I would also like to hike up Mt. Rainier.

So many choices...so little time!

0 Likes

Let's see, there are so many:

• African safari:  will probably have to be two as I want to see the giraffes, zebras, lions etc and I would like to see the gorillas and chimps.  From what I'm researching, those are two different trips.  Planning the first hopefully in 2023 (was hoping for 2022 but those are basically sold out already.
  • Denali National Park
  • Kayaking off Vancouver or Seattle, somewhere up there and seeing the whales etc.  Kayak camping would be the best
  • Kayaking the Everglades:  I need to look at the trip report by @Philreedshikes 
  • Rim-to-rim Grand Canyon:  we start our decent 5-June-2021!!
  • learn to repel and do more bouldering and go through the slot canyons out west
  • Acadia National Park
  • section hike the AT
  • and the list goes on..............

I can now take rim to rim in Grand Canyon off the list.  We completed the adventure this past Tuesday.

NICE!!  Congratulations on the accomplishment @Luv2Kayak !!

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing this update with us @Luv2Kayak! That is an accomplishment to be very proud of!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

https://youtu.be/fFjdfhvW4io

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes
8 Days, 7 nights From Flamingo to Everglades City, Everglades NP. Gulf of Mexico beach camping, 3 nights, the Nightmare, 4 days on Chickees and Ground Sites...
0 Likes

slightly different bucket here.  Over the last several years, I have been involved in two very significant discoveries and excavation of pygmy mammoths on Santa Rosa island (Channel islands National Park). i would like at least one more such dig, particularly one that might indicate that early people actually hunted these critters.  Such has been speculated in the past, but no solid evidence has turned up yet.  

Amazing how geezers can be fascinated by a bunch of old bones......

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.

Be forewarned. They never leave. I have been Dads Moving and Storage since the end of this PSU semester.

North country trail would put you at the beginning of the bourbon trail. WPA where the whiskey rebellion started was rye country until the city people taxed the country people who started the second civil war. When they "lost" they were given Kentucky and started making bourbon. (also why the PA longrifle is called the Kentucky long rifle, they brought them along into the wilderness) So if you get from there to the Appalachian trail headed south.... So you could start with a Tempelton or Basil Hayden (dont leave out Wild Turkey rye, very good at its price point) and work your way down to a Woodfords reserve.

0 Likes