cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

What adventures are on your outdoor bucket list?

Just curious what folks have on their hiking/biking bucket list..

For me:

#1/#2 GDMBR/CDT (ride it not race it:)) and Trans-America bike ride Virginia to Oregon

77 Replies

If you can figure out how to hike to Islay, I could be talked in to it.  😁

@GregA - I've been trying to figure out a backpacking route for the Bourbon Trail!

As soon as I win the lottery (or my kids move out - kinda the same thing), I'll figure out the Islay trek.🤣

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Between every two pine trees there is a door leading to a new way of life.” (John Muir)

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes

I want to thru-hike the AT when I retire (around 9 years, +/-)

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.

Right on..........maybe we'll cross paths! Have done several sections in PA and Md. Doing it thru would be the Ultimate. 

0 Likes
  • Scottish Highland Trail with my wife
  • Driving and day hiking around Norway
  • Exploring Idaho where my daughter and son-in-law were just stationed
  • Hike the Dolomites
  • Section hike the CDT
In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous. –Aristotle

@ScottGH Welcome to the community!

It is beginning to look like we might be forming a Scottish Highlands trip! It sounds like @Dad_Aint_Hip@Rob6 , and @Philreedshikes are already in. And since you all came together here in the community I suppose I'd be willing to chaperone ;-).

Love your Aristotle quote!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

Oh Man, I'm In !!! 

0 Likes

Ive been to Mount Rainier in 2018 and it was a life changing experience! I want to go back and hike the entire Wonderland Trail which encircles the entire mountain. Also, I love bike camping and plan on cycling from Pittsburgh(home town)to Cumberland. Cant wait to pass through the Big Savage tunnel!🏕🏔

Awesome. I am also planning on doing the GAP. Going from Pitt to Cumberland sounds like a good icebreaker 🤣 

eventually I’d like to continue on to Williamsport MD. I’m from south central PA and am familiar with that Area.

I just saw this. I could live on a bike. Good luck! 

0 Likes