cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

What adventures are on your outdoor bucket list?

Just curious what folks have on their hiking/biking bucket list..

For me:

#1/#2 GDMBR/CDT (ride it not race it:)) and Trans-America bike ride Virginia to Oregon

47 Replies

Ive been to Mount Rainier in 2018 and it was a life changing experience! I want to go back and hike the entire Wonderland Trail which encircles the entire mountain. Also, I love bike camping and plan on cycling from Pittsburgh(home town)to Cumberland. Cant wait to pass through the Big Savage tunnel!🏕🏔

0 Likes

Awesome. I am also planning on doing the GAP. Going from Pitt to Cumberland sounds like a good icebreaker 🤣 

eventually I’d like to continue on to Williamsport MD. I’m from south central PA and am familiar with that Area.

0 Likes

Would love to do a hike thru on the AT. 

Do a cross-country PPG trip including camping.

Scuba dive the Great Barrier Reef.

@MSDT74 Welcome to the community!

Great list! I have a clarifying question: what is PPG? When I googled it I got a lot of fan-powered parachute videos. Is that what that is?!

Thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

John, 

You are correct sir. Powered Paragliding.

0 Likes

@MSDT74 

That's so awesome! I had no idea that Powered Paragliding across the country was a thing! I may need to re-work my bucket list...

So you do you have support vehicles? How many miles can you do in a typical day? Are there 'routes' that are followed? Do you travel in groups or solo?

So many questions!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

John,

I know that some do PPG and camp, but haven't talked to anyone about the cross country trip thing. From what I have been looking at it will be an interesting trip. Still learning about PPG so it will be a while in the making. I am sure that a support vehicle will be in the picture. These engines are two stroke and reliable, but do have to be serviced on a regular schedule. A trip like that will even entail a top end rebuild, I would imagine. It's a work in progress. Hehe

The Inca Trail to Machu Piccu was on my bucket list.  After conquering that, I have a desire to hike the West Coast Trail...

That, would be Awesome ! A while back during one of my trips to Germany there was a band playing in Munich that was from Machu Piccu. I have only seen that area through articles on the Internet. It would be amazing to go there

0 Likes

@hikebikefun  I lived in south central Pa for a while and section hiked parts of the AT in pa and md. Doing the entire trail would be amazing. I actually Earl Shafer who was the first person to do the AT at a rendezvous. He was a unique individual. 
I LOVE the Tuscarora trail....nowhere near as well known but equally if not more beautiful. 
the trans American bike ride sounds Incredible!!!

0 Likes