cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

tips for Black Rock Desert

Anybody have any tips on the Soldier Meadows/ High Rock Canyon area in the Black Rock Desert Area?

0 Likes
3 Replies

Hi @lbrazil88 - Thanks for reaching out! 

While I don't have any personal experience with the Soldier Meadows or High Rock areas, I have heard from others during past travels in Nevada that Solider Meadows has some of the best hot springs around!

Hopefully some other community members will be able to weigh in with their suggestions and advice, but you can also look into the Friends of Black Rock organization, who should be able help you get the answers you are looking for. They can be contacted at (775) 557 - 2900 or via their Facebook page.

Hopefully this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Thanks for the info. I will be heading out there in a couple of days. I will report back if that's ok. I am new to the REI conversations, do I just post my experiences and where do I do that. 

Hi @lbrazil88 - It will be great to hear how your trip goes! 

There are a few different places where posting your report might make sense. If you are going hiking, backpacking, or camping while in the desert, you can post it on its respective activity board to share what gear you used, how the activity went, and what you learned. Other users have done this with posts such as "Beautiful day on the summit of Pine Mountain" and "Everglades NP canoe/kayak trip - wish me luck!"

You could also post your response here in this thread, to keep all of the information around your trip together. That way, if someone came to the community searching for details on the same location, they would find it all in one place. 

Both are great options. We look forward to hearing how your trip goes!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes