cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Sharing Images & videos of hiking in Norway: Quick trip to Hardangervidda.

Hi folks. Happy Christmas!

Hope you and yours are safe! Sharing a short video. Safe back home from a challenging two week hike far up north of Norway this summer, I really looked forward to relaxed days before work started. But after a few days my mind drifted back to nature. The urge for nature overpowered me, so I packed in a hurry and drove for about 4 hours to the east side of hardangervidda. (Hardanger plateau). The weather was nice, and once again this part of the plateau showed me its best side.

https://youtu.be/wRd-qRdSyDw

Safe back home from a challenging two week hike far up north of Norway this summer, I really looked forward to relaxed days before work started. But after a ...
3 Replies

Hi @Paalbaal - Thanks so much for sharing your latest video and the update! It was wonderful to see the trout you caught and the swim in Hardangervidda. Your camping setup (with solar included!) looks impressive. 

Where did you hike on your two week trip in the north this summer? I have always enjoyed my time in Norway, no matter how far north or south!

Videoen din er flott! Takk for at de delte den. 

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

Hi Carter. Thank so much for the kind reply and your followup question. You even learned some Norwegian ;-).

This summer a buddy and I spent two weeks on the western side of "Finnmarksvidda". We were flown in to our starting point by seaplane. We had our first camp on the plateau over the three line. After a few days of acclimatization, fishing char, filming and taking photos, it was time to start the rest of our hike by packrafting. Ahead of us we had to travel approximately 90 kilometre back to civilization. The first two days paddling a lake, then 2x carrying all our gear to another lake, then 2x carrying gear from that lake and down into a valley to a river. Finally we could start to paddle the river very few people had paddle before us. All in all, a fantastic hike in what we consider to be a part of the remaining wilderness here in Norway. Video production is in progress.

All the best.

Paal

0 Likes

@Paalbaal 

Always appreciate your videos of Norway! Thank you for sharing!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.