cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Road trip down south! CT to SC

Hey everyone!

I am doing my first solo road trip down south. I am visiting some friends in St. Paul, VA; Boone, NC; and Greenville, SC. I am driving from CT and am looking for some places to stop by on the way back. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! ☺️

Thank you!

Rachel 

2 Replies

@Rmarcucilli 

Hi Rachel - Thanks for reaching out! What an amazing trip you have planned! 

I grew up in New Orleans and road tripped to Vermont many times (before finally moving up here!) so I know how great that stretch of the country is. 

Are there any specific activities you'd like to do during your stops? That may have a good influence on the suggestions you get here.

It might be a little out of your way, but Pisgah National Forest is an incredible area near Asheville, which would be in between your Boone and Greenville stops. There is seemingly endless hiking, biking, and climbing options in Pisgah. Asheville is also a great stop if you have time — lots of fun places to wander around in town, grab delicious food, etc. 

Hopefully some others will weigh in with their suggestions as well. There is a ton to explore on your route.

We're happy you've joined the community and hope you find lots of useful and fun information to prep you for your trip and beyond!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly!

Climbing and hiking are my interests!! I actually will be stopping in Ashville!

Pisgah National Forest doesn’t look too far out of the way! I’ll have to check it out!

I’m also looking for some stops on my way back to CT. I’ll probably be driving from Holden Beach NC visiting my aunt.

Thanks again!

Rachel

0 Likes