cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Need best route Los Angeles to Cocoa Florida with Camping stops in route

Don't want to make my trip/drive longer but would like to be able to stop at few great places to tent overnight.

All suggestions welcome 🙂

12 Replies

Interstates tend to favor low, flat ground as much as possible.  There is not as much flat ground along I 40 (Thank heavens for Flagstaff!) but it is still an interstate experience.  Along both I 10 and I 40, there is lots of interesting country - - the Chiricahua Mountains in SE Arizona especially come to mind, as well as the Really Fine Canyon north of Flagstaff, but you must leave the interstate to experience them.

0 Likes

thank you👍

0 Likes

@Slyfoxxx I'm not sure if you've heard of https://freecampsites.net/ , but they're a website that has a decent record of different campsites (most are free) and they just added this nifty new feature that shows you all the campsites it knows of when you type in a starting and destination point. I'm using it from my trip from Florida to Maine this summer!

Good travels!

Besides that

0 Likes