cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Iceland in February..any advice on clothing?

I am going on a small group tour to Iceland in February.  Been shopping for clothes, boots, gaiters, gloves, over the eyeglasses goggles. So far, I have base and mid layers, socks, glove liner and gaiter from Meriwool and a Squall coat from Lands End.  Just ordered merino sock linersAny advice from anyone?

0 Likes
2 Replies

If you do not have one already, I would certainly bring a hooded parka that is windproof and waiter resistant as a basic outmost layer.  check the average conditions for the area you will be visiting and dress for them....

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes

Thank you for your reply! Yes, I am looking at a parka with a hood and hip length.  I road tested my Lands End 3 Squall coat with meriwool base and midlayers merino and returning it. Well made, but cold came through at 10 mph and 34 degrees.   Your thoughts on any the following would be greatly appreciated.  If not, I understand you are busy. 

Any suggestions regarding parka?

Bought Hestra Army Leather Goretex gloves..sticker shock at the cash register.  looking at other Hestra that cost less.  Any comments there? 

Have a Meriwool beanie and looking for something else to put on my head. Suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes