cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Clothing and Boots for Winter Finland Trip

Hello!

I'm preparing for a trip to Findland in January. We will be doing snowmobiling, staying at an Ice Hotel, dog sledding, etc. I need suggestions for clothing and shoes and sure would appreciate any advice.  I'm also a little stylish, so hope you can take that into consideration....like grey and khaki arent my fav look!

Thanks!!!

Pam

0 Likes
1 Reply

Hi @prusso7626 - Thanks for reaching out. Your trip sounds like it is going to be amazing!

Because Finland's winters are so cold, having the right clothing and staying warm will be an important part of your trip. With so many options to consider, you may find it valuable to schedule a free virtual outfitting appointment, where you will be able to talk one-on-one with a gear expert about your specific trip's needs.

You will want to focus on layering with your clothing. Especially on days when you are going from being more active outside then heading inside to relax, being able to adjust your layers will make it much easier to stay comfortable. Our Expert Advice article on layering basics has some great tips we suggest looking over.

With that, the following suggestions are a good starting point:

For boots, because it is hard to suggest a good fit without knowing more about your foot, we suggest going into your local REI or talking with one of our virtual outfitters. 

Hopefully this is a good starting point! Let us know if you would like any additional suggestions and we'll be happy to help.

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes