Kayak Day Tour - Tomales Bay
Description: Join REI for a kayaking tour of Tomales Bay, a popular area for beginning and intermediate paddlers. Situated along Point Reyes National Seashore, the 12 mile long Tomales Bay is one of the largest protected bays on the west coast, and is home to harbor seals, bat rays, leopard sharks, osprey, egrets, pelicans, and thule elk. After an orientation and safety briefing, we will explore the bay, launching from Heart's Desire Beach in Tomales Bay State Park. Depending on conditions, we'll paddle between 5 and 9 miles round trip, and use the tidal current to help us along. Pre-requisite: previous kayaking experience necessary (Introduction to Coastal Kayaking or equivalent skills).
Skills you'll learn:
Gain confidence and experience while kayaking on an iconic coastal bay.
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Kayak Day Tour - Tomales Bay Information
KAYAK DAY TOUR - TOMALES BAY
- Class Details
- Gear List
Date / Time
Meeting Location / Class Notes
Kayak Day Tour - Tomales Bay Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Water Shoes/Sandals - Foot attire that will protect your feet and is okay to get wet. (e.g. Teva, Chaco, Keen (not flip-flops)
- Hat/ Sun protection - An item to help protect your face and neck from sunburn.
- Water Bottle
- Energy Snacks
- Personal Camera
- Paddle Jacket
- Lip Balm/Protection
- Eyewear Retainer - A strap to help keep your glasses or sunglasses from falling off in the event of big splash or a capsize.
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
Gear provided by REI:
- Personal Flotation Device (PFD)
- Group First Aid Kit
- Lunch & Snacks
- Dry Bag
- Touring/Recreational Kayak