Rock Climbing Rescues at Stoney Point
Description: Join REI Outdoor School rock climbing instructors at Stoney Point Park to learn rescue skills no climber should be without. Learn how to get yourself out of tricky situations and assist others when professional help is unavailable. You'll learn how to escape a belay setup, ascend to aid an injured climber and assist your partner from above. Please bring your harness, helmet, shoes and belay device if you have them. Practicing with your own equipment will better prepare you for real situations. REI Outdoor School can provide climbing gear if you don't have your own. Prerequisite: Introduction to Outdoor Rock Climbing or equivalent experience.
Skills you'll learn:
- Belay escape techniques
- Ascending to aid an injured climber
- Assisting a climber below you
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Rock Climbing Rescues at Stoney Point Information
ROCK CLIMBING RESCUES AT STONEY POINT
- Class Details
- Gear List
Date / Time
Meeting Location / Class Notes
|3/29/2014 7:30 - 11:30 AM PDT||
Non Member: $90.00
Spots left: 2
|4/20/2014 7:30 - 11:30 AM PDT||
Non Member: $90.00
Please fill in your contact information to be notified if a space becomes available. You may then register and pay for the class. You will not be charged while on the wait list.
Spots left: 0
Rock Climbing Rescues at Stoney Point Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Water Bottle
- Appropriate clothing for the weather and conditions - Moisture wicking clothing that will help keep you warm and/or dry.
- Energy Snacks
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
Gear provided by REI:
- Climbing Shoes
- Climbing Harness
- Climbing Helmet
- Dynamic Climbing Rope - At least a 60m rope.