Introduction to Cross Country Skiing - Skate Technique
Description: Join the REI Outdoor School for a lesson in fun and fitness: Cross-Country Skiing: Skate Technique. Get in on the sport that continues to attract aspiring athletes, adventures and winter recreationists. We will provide a comprehensive course that covers proper technique, stopping, turning and gliding across the snow. After our skill-building session we will take to the trails and apply our knowledge to varying terrain. Discover a great way to get outdoors and enjoy winter's wonderland with friends and family. Ski rental and ski pass included. Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a participating parent or responsible adult.
Skills you'll learn:
- basics of choosing and properly fitting boots and skis
- basics of skiing, including starting, stopping, ascending and descending hills as well as safely falling
- nordic skate technique
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Introduction to Cross Country Skiing - Skate Technique Information
INTRODUCTION TO CROSS COUNTRY SKIING - SKATE TECHNIQUE
- Class Details
- Gear List
Introduction to Cross Country Skiing - Skate Technique Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Warm Gloves
- Warm Socks - Wool or Synthetic.
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Warm Hat
- Lunch & Snacks
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Water Bottle
- Thermos with warm drinks
- Energy Snacks
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
Gear provided by REI:
- Cross Country Skis, Boots & Poles
- Transportation - From REI store to and from the trailhead / class location
- Group First Aid Kit
- Park Entry Fees