Bike and Brew Cycling Tour - Red Brick Brewing - BYOBike
Description: Bring your own bike and join REI for a cycling tour of the city followed by a private brewer's tour at Red Brick Brewing. We'll visit city highlights like the Beltline, Freedom Parkway Trail, Piedmont Park, and Virginia Highlands by bike. We'll visit city highlights like the Beltline, Freedom Parkway Trail, Piedmont Park, and Virginia Highlands by bike. Distance will vary by class, but expect at least 15 miles and no more than 35. We've picked the most interesting, beautiful, and most protected route to show off Atlanta. Following the ride we'll provide a light lunch. Following the ride you'll take a special private tour of Red Brick Brewing including samples of their great beers. This is a no-drop ride. Participants should have previous cycling experience and be comfortable in light vehicle traffic. Participants must be 21 years old to participate in the tour/tasting (Photo I.D. required).
Skills you'll learn:
See Atlanta's outdoor and historical icons by bike Visit one of the city's oldest microbreweries Meet other like-minded people
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Bike and Brew Cycling Tour - Red Brick Brewing - BYOBike Information
BIKE AND BREW CYCLING TOUR - RED BRICK BREWING - BYOBIKE
- Class Details
- Gear List
Date / Time
Meeting Location / Class Notes
|5/24/2014 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM EDT||
Non Member: $50.00
Spots left: 2
Bike and Brew Cycling Tour - Red Brick Brewing - BYOBike Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Personal ID (i.e. Drivers License) - ID indicating 21 years old +
- Water Bottle
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- 2 Liters of Water - At least 2 Nalgene sized water bottles or a large Camelback style reservoir
- Closed toed shoes
- Personal Bike Helmet
- Personal Bike - Recently tuned and appropriate for class. Also bring spare tubes.
- Cycling Gloves
- Cycling Shorts/Pants
- Cycling Jacket - Light jacket to help break the wind and water.
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Lip Balm/Protection
- Energy Snacks
- Hydration Compatible Day Pack - 1000-2000 cubic inches with 70-100 oz water bladder
- Padded Cycling Gloves
- Personal Camera
Gear provided by REI:
- Bike pump - A portable bike pump that is attached to the bike.
- Bike Tools - Items necessary for making quick adjustments and repairs in the field.
- Bike tire patch kit - Used to repair a flat tire when the leak is small.
- Group First Aid Kit
- Lunch & Snacks