Four Season Hikes- Winter Adventures
Description: Winter is a great time to get out and experience hiking in a whole new way! You will get an opportunity to hike some great local area trails and learn how to extend your outdoor activities to year round. If weather permits, we will provide snowshoes and explore these trails this exciting winter way! REI Instructors will even provide hot drinks on the trail, so bring your camp mug.
Skills you'll learn:
Learn about local venues that are particularly suited to winter hiking Learn tips and techniques to have a safe, enjoyable winter hike.
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Four Season Hikes- Winter Adventures Information
FOUR SEASON HIKES- WINTER ADVENTURES
- Class Details
- Gear List
Four Season Hikes- Winter Adventures Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Lunch & Snacks
- Water Bottle
- Warm Jacket - Down or Synthetic.
- Warm Gloves
- Warm Socks - Wool or Synthetic.
- Insulated/Waterproof Boots - Suitable for snowshoeing.
- Extra Warm Synthetic Clothing
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Warm Hat
- 2 Liters of Water - At least 2 Nalgene sized water bottles or a large Camelback style reservoir
- Hydration Compatible Day Pack - 1000-2000 cubic inches with 70-100 oz water bladder
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Eyewear Retainer - A strap to help keep your glasses or sunglasses from falling off in the event of big splash or a capsize.
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Personal Camera
- Thermos with warm drinks
- Lip Balm/Protection
- Energy Snacks
- Hat/ Sun protection - An item to help protect your face and neck from sunburn.
Gear provided by REI:
- Hiking Poles - REI will provide but you are welcome to bring your own.
- Group First Aid Kit
- Backpacking Stove