Holiday Geocaching Night Hike
Description: Join us for a night hike in a local park as we search for a special holiday geocache! We'll use GPS units and headlamps to uncover clues as we head out under the stars. Take advantage of our mild California winter nights to enjoy a family-friendly adventure. Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a participating parent or responsible adult.
Skills you'll learn:
About the game of geocaching and the use of a GPS unit.
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Holiday Geocaching Night Hike Information
HOLIDAY GEOCACHING NIGHT HIKE
- Class Details
- Gear List
Holiday Geocaching Night Hike Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Water Bottle
- Warm Jacket - Down or Synthetic.
- Hiking Boots
- Extra Warm Synthetic Clothing
- Energy Snacks
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Lip Balm/Protection
- Hydration Compatible Day Pack - 1000-2000 cubic inches with 70-100 oz water bladder
- Thermos with warm drinks
Gear provided by REI:
- Group First Aid Kit
- Geocache Treasures - Cache finders leave behind a little token (as well as take one as a souvenir). Think small, lightweight, environmentally (and culturally) friendly, inexpensive and nondegradable ideas: toy cars, tiny plastic action figures or marbles.
- Handheld GPS - Handheld Global Positioning System