Mount Rainier Snowshoeing
Description: Join REI for a breathtaking snowshoe hike and discover the joy of winter exploration in one of the snowiest places on Earth: Mt. Rainier National Park! On this field outing, our guides will share snowshoeing techniques and tips for winter travel. In addition, we will share our knowledge of the park and guide you on a trip to explore the wonders of winter at Mt Rainier. REI provides the snowshoes, snowshoe poles, and professional instruction on proper use of equipment. Highlights of the trip include views of Mt. Rainier, the Tatoosh Range, Mt. Adams, Mt. St. Helens, a delicious lunch provided by a local bakery, top-of-the-line gear and a few warm surprises to make this a uniquely REI adventure! Transportation provided, from the Tacoma REI store, to and from the trailhead. Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a participating parent or responsible adult.
Skills you'll learn:
To learn about and explore the wonders of winter at Mt Rainier on snowshoes.
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Mount Rainier Snowshoeing Information
MOUNT RAINIER SNOWSHOEING
- Class Details
- Gear List
Mount Rainier Snowshoeing Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Energy Snacks
- Warm Jacket - Down or Synthetic.
- 2 Liters of Water - At least 2 Nalgene sized water bottles or a large Camelback style reservoir
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Hiking Boots
- Warm Gloves
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Warm Hat
- Extra Warm Synthetic Clothing
- Warm Socks - Wool or Synthetic.
- Personal Snowshoes
- Lip Balm/Protection
- Personal Camera
Gear provided by REI:
- Lunch & Snacks
- Hiking Poles - REI will provide but you are welcome to bring your own.
- Group First Aid Kit